The game is still in prototyping phase. The very early preview prototype can be downloaded from here:
Download GroundPlay early prototype (~50.7 MB, Windows XP+ only)
- Extract the RAR to anywhere on your harddrive.
- Execute groundplay.exe.
By default the following controls are bound. The bindings can be altered in the configuration menu at game launch. Please note that the controls shown in-game will always be the default key bindings.
Key bindings by default
- W A S D – Move around, change menu selection
- Q – Use special ability (when available)
- E – Merge / Unmerge from toy, confirm in menu
- Esc – Quit game to menu (be aware that your current session is terminated!)
- If you finish the prototype level or quit the game to the main menu, a new game session cannot be started again. This bug can only be bypassed by restarting the game entirely.
- In rare cases it might happen that the excavator toy gets stuck in the ground. This issue cannot be reverted when it occurs, so you’ll have to restart the game.
- In very rare cases it might happen that the avatar gets stuck in a wrong “depth layer”, i.e. too far away from the gameplay “depth layer”. This issue cannot be reverted when it occurs, so you’ll have to restart the game.